Become a volunteer
View birthday messages of support for our Awards here
View feedback from volunteer-learners here
Read on to apply for our ‘Easter Holiday Special’ training package.
WORLDbytes welcomes people interested in making Citizen TV and provides volunteer-learner training packages to make this possible. This is part-time ‘on the job’ training to produce actual programmes. Training packages cover camera essentials, lighting, sound, presenting and interview technique. No previous experience is required but a keen interest in social issues is a must as our programmes prioritise content over style.
We do not want you to send us CVs, we do need to know you understand that this is Citizen TV and the content is what matters. We welcome newcomers to the UK, you don’t need any film skills at all and we won’t judge you on your English. We cover a huge range of issues but as an education charity committed to international understanding and global equality we do have some basic principles that we promote on our news channel WORLDbytes and through the documentaries we make. We believe in:
- Open Borders and celebrating more people on the planet
- Economic growth & serious development for all globally
- Challenging all forms of prejudice, anti-democratic and anti-human trends
- Freedom of speech and advancing civil liberties
- Challenging distrust, fear and intervention in everyday life
- Supporting our peers globally managing their own affairs without foreign intervention
- Advancing new knowledge, ideas and critical thinking
To take part in the Easter holiday package volunteers also need to complete the application form below and attend an introductory session. This package is open to volunteers of all ages.
Places fill up very fast, so don’t delay! All packages include free camera training.
Click here to watch a short introduction to WORLDbytes.
Please complete the simple application form below in full. Application forms with no comments on the videos indicated, will not be accepted. Once you have submitted your form we will be in touch to confirm your place and provide you with directions on how to find us.