Subscribe to our podcasts using your preferred service:
Nepal: The struggle for a democracy
For 400 years Nepal was a Hindu kingdom, ruled by successive monarchs. However in 2006 there was a massive uprising, millions of people took to the streets calling for democracy and freedom. Tasi Lama and the head of the People’s Liberation Army Commander Anant give accounts of the uprising and talks about their vision for the transformation of Nepal, currently one of the poorest nations on earth.
- Article by Brendan O’Neill: A great day for democracy
- Article by Brendan O’Neill: Nepal: now that’s what I call democratisation
- Article by Achin Vanaik: The New Himalayan Republic
- NY Times article: Nepal elects a Maoist to be Prime Minister
- Reuters article: No US timetable to remove Nepal Maoists’ terror tag